[lbo-talk] Identity wars and other issues

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Jul 20 07:44:55 PDT 2005

Wojtek:

WS: This is an absurd comparison, pure demagogy. There is a big difference between western governments and eastern suicide bombers. The former do mainly other things, such as managing vast economies, and blowing other people up is a tiny and rather marginal fraction of these activities. What is more, even when they engage in blowing up, they usually show considerable restraint, trying to limit "collateral damage" and punishing (at lest in principle) those who fail to show such restraint.

^^^^^ CB: This seems patently and grossly false. The main western government, the U.S., is more terroristic than the petit terrorists, because the U.S. has bigger and more bombs. Shock and awe is the biggest form of terrorism right now. Surely you don't buy that guff about "limiting collateral damage". "Considerable restraint" ?! You must be trippin' !@ The U.S. indulges in mass slaughter more than anybody. ( Although it keeps egging others on to match them, endangering me and mine).

The U.S. military budget is not marginal. The U.S. has terrorist military bases all around the world.

"Join the Navy. See the world. Meet new and interesting people. Learn how to kill them. "

I realize Wojtek gets the list prize for ruthless criticizer of all that exists, but it causes him to take reactionary positions sometimes. I can't tell whether he is serious or "it" is serious. Anyway , gotta call him on it when he does it.