[lbo-talk] Western states have created the biggest wars in history (was fartback)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 20 14:02:08 PDT 2005

amadeus amadeus wrote:

>Wow, reminds me of the cops who arrested my friends at
>the RNC: "Yeah, I agree with your guys' message and
>all, I just don't agree with your tactics", i.e. I'm
>still going to beat the shit out of you, arrest you
>and throw you in a puddle of piss. How anyone can be
>sitting around scratching their head wondering why
>folks respond this way to distortions of genocide is
>beyond me.

Ok, I'll be blunt: I don't fucking want to read that stuff. You can say "you're distorting the history of genocide" without saying "To answer such garbage is to give its producer too much credit as a fellow human." Esp when the author of those words is also the author of these words:

>The only reason I can see for
>paying attention to Fox news is egotism or vanity in exulting over how
>much smarter or more decent the viewer is than the news caster.

Of course, that's not why I watch Fox, but that's beside the point. That sort of self-flattering vanity is a big part of eruption like "To answer such garbage..."

Doug