[lbo-talk] Uncapitalist Blog is Born

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Jul 20 15:39:58 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Cranium" <allspinzone at yahoo.com>

What: Early this morning, the doors were opened on a new online community that focuses on issues that the progressive blogosphere tends to ignore: global social justice, workers rights, economic globalization, and human rights.

Where: UnCapitalist Journal, http://uncapitalist.com

Why: Most progressive blogs have evolved into community discussions on U.S. politics, rather than an exploration of global topics such as social justice, globalization, and human rights movements. For whatever reason, there's not a huge audience for those topics on individual blogs. UnCapitalist Journal bridges this gap in one single location for progressives who are interested in following these global issues.

Who: UnCapitalist Journal is spearheaded by progressive activist Charles Norman Todd, aided and abetted by several veteran like-minded contributors from around the progressive blogosphere.

I do hope that you'll take a moment to check out the absolutely outstanding job that Charles and Gretchen Ross (from Green Lantern) did in putting the site together. It's much more than a blog, and I'm excited to be part of the crew.