[lbo-talk] Western states have created the biggest wars in history ( was fartback)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 08:48:06 PDT 2005

While it is true that most people throughout the world want to emulate the wealth of the Western countries, and I do not think that necessarily means they want to live in Western-style consumerist liberal democracies. The Chinese elite, for instance, certainly do not seem to be emulating the Western political system (and I also doubt that most non-elite Chinese people would want them too). Likewise, I do not believe most Iraqis want to live in a liberal democracy. Most of these "pro-democracy activists" in non-Western countries who get so much press tend to generally represent a tiny sliver of the population as far as I can tell (they sure do here!).

Nu, zayats, pogodi!