[lbo-talk] What's my name, fool?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 12:13:11 PDT 2005

> I like Tosches on Jerry Lee Lewis and Dean Martin, but I can't get with
> him on this. I've seen film of the second fight in slow motion and it
> looks to me like a solid shot. On the commentary, Angelo Dundee says
> that's how you get someone down, a shot right to the temple. And if
> you're going to throw a fight, would you do it in the first round?

Why not? I would depend on the odds, right?

Nobody really knows. Like I said, I suspect it to be true, but I might be very wrong. Ali was not known as a heavy puncher -- his toll was taken as the fight went on (see Thrilla in Manila), which is why, save for a lucky shot, I find it odd that he'd drop Liston so easily and quickly.

Dennis