[lbo-talk] China's growth

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 14:17:56 PDT 2005

--- uvj at vsnl.com wrote: IMO the contemporary overseas Chinese capital is foreign capital from the standpoint of Chinese State. It is not patriotism or ethnicity, but profitability that is driving capital into China. If China ceased to be profitable, this capital will be invested elsewhere. IMO terms such as "comprador capital" and "national or patriotic capital" are anachronisms. The contemporary Capital in developing Asian countries is international in nature and orientation.

---

Why is it flowing into China and not (where I want in to flow) into Russia? We're pretty pitiful on comparative FDI rankings (one could argue that Russia does not need FDI, but I'll forger about that for the moment).

Nu, zayats, pogodi!