[lbo-talk] Postmortem interrogation?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:56:24 PDT 2005

On Friday, July 22, 2005 12:31 PM [PDT], Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> Carl wonders:
>
>> What exactly were the London police thinking when they
>> blew away that bombing-related suspect today?
>
> I'm sure that will come out later, but if he was attempting to arm or
> activate explosives on his body, that's good enough reason to try to
> stop him from succeeding.
>
>> Was the assumption that they would learn more from an autopsy
>> than from questioning him?
>
> If this was the case, you were having an autopsy anyway. Much better
> to have one than more-than-one . . .
>
> /jordan

Jordan,

Thank's for the written verification that terrorism works, and is working.

Was the victim even muslim? No one's said. Sout Asian looking is what I'm reading(Vietnamese Buddist or Catholic?).

They don't even know who the person they killed was, just that he tried to evade the police and evaded paying the fare for transport.

Nice.

I'll repeat what I said about a week ago:

Police state in the US within 90 days and everyone will be begging for it.

Leigh www.leighm.net

Current: 1:25 PT:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20050722/ts_nm/security_britain_dc

<...> Police said the man was connected to their investigation but did not say how.

"(He) is still subject to formal identification and it is not yet clear whether he is one of the four people we are seeking to identify and whose pictures have been released today," they said in a statement.

Sky Television News cited security sources as saying the man was not a bomber <...>