[lbo-talk] Postmortem interrogation?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 22:48:46 PDT 2005

>From: "Jordan Hayes" <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com>
>
>... if he [the suspect shot by London police] was attempting
>to arm or activate explosives on his body, that's good enough
>reason to try to stop him from succeeding. ...
>Do we know if
>that's what he was doing? No, we do not. But we also don't know that
>he wasn't, and certainly the guy who killed him DOES know, or at least
>THOUGHT he knew at the time.
>
>Which we'll find out at some point.

The Washington Post says the suspect had no explosives on him: "Police officials told British reporters that the officers feared that the man, who was wearing a thick coat despite warm weather, had explosives concealed on his body and was about to detonate them amid the crowd in the station. They acknowledged that they found no bomb on the body."

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/22/AR2005072200254.html>

Carl