[lbo-talk] Postmortem interrogation?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:17:50 PDT 2005

On Friday, July 22, 2005 3:53 PM [PDT], Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> Then you quote a story:
>
>>> Police said the man was connected to their investigation
>>> but did not say how.
>
> <sarcasm>
> Well, there you have it: the final word from the police about this
> issue. Within a few minutes of the event, the poor guy who got shoved
> in front of a microphone didn't give a full, authoritative account.
> </sarcasm>
>
>>> "(He) is still subject to formal identification and it is
>>> not yet clear whether he is one of the four people we are
>>> seeking to identify and whose pictures have been
>>> released today," they said in a statement.
>
> Right. Still up in the air. We'll hear about it later. Check.
>
>>> Sky Television News cited security sources as saying the
>>> man was not a bomber
>
> Well, there you have it. From the horse's mouth.
>
> You really are a piece of work,
>
> /jordan

Well, there you have it.

They executed someone for turnstile jumping and not responding to an order to stop. If there is more, the authorities aren't saying ... and they won't say much, until imho they make up a tighter story to cover the MURDER of a civilian by the police.

Cold blooded execution. Mistakes happen.

You're sticking with the probability that the SAS or whomever did that aren't really murderous thugs of the same cloth as the terrorists, willing to cover their mistakes while everyone is terrified about "terrorists threats".

I think you are naive.

I think the "looking like a cornered, scared fox"(paraphrase?) mentioned by a witness is not the reaction you'd get from someone expecting to die anyway in a spray of bloody mush, but from someone who is stuck in the middle of something they don't understand.

> Still up in the air. We'll hear about it later. Check.
Pretty callous... check.

>> Thank's for the written verification that terrorism works,
>> and is working.
>
> I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Your verification that terrorism works:

> I'm sure that will come out later, but if he was attempting to arm or
> activate explosives on his body, that's good enough reason to try to
> stop him from succeeding.

Just the simple fact the event can be rationalized with "but if" tells me that the terror is working as terrorism has always worked. The phrase: "...the officers feared that the man..." in the Wapo says it all, as well.

The 90 day to police state prediction gets laughed at in some circles... "When has it NOT been a police state in the US?" is the retort. But I'm not laughing.

I'm talking about tackling someone to the ground, and blowing his brains out because "...the officers feared that the man..." kind of police state. American in ghettos have lived with that sort of police behavior for their whole lives... well guess what?

We're all "negroes" now. Even "Mister Man" in his bizness suit (if it's too heavy for the weather).

Heavy weather IS on the way.

And yes, I am a piece of work... Absolutely. It's my adorable side. <G>

Kingdom rise, kingdom fall babylon back is against the wall --Wailing Souls

Leigh www.leighm.net