[lbo-talk] A time of doubt for atheists

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 23 09:20:52 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> maybe you could explain exactly how you think i'm an aggressive atheist?
> what posts have i written that lead you to conclude that this is an apt
> characterization?

An aggressive atheist would be someone who regularly _initiated_ discussion on the topic. On the whole, however, most atheists (all atheists on this list I believe) rarely if ever initiate discussion of the existence of god. And that was true of this thread. It wasn't an atheist who initiated it; it was a vaguely non-atheist who initiated it with an attack on atheists, some of whom then responded to the attack. At which point Chris D tried a flanking movement by claiming that that atheists were just a bunch of fanatics who aggressively went around initiating attacks on non-atheists. Apparently Chris is not capable of reading a post in context.

Carrol