[lbo-talk] Re:the personal is the religious?

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Sat Jul 23 13:15:59 PDT 2005

>"...I've encountered far too many
>Jehovah's witness in my life and they're pretty hard to beat in terms
>of belligerence when it comes to a/theology and what one
>researcher/writer has called 'the arrogance of faith..."

for what it's worth, i've lived in a building complex in which at least half of the residents are witnesses, and have never found them anything but nice neighbors, who never do the religous thing...when they're on the job, that's something else, but all volunteers who get in your face are seen as obnoxious by those who don't accept whatever they're preaching ,collecting for, or selling...and when i've been confronted by witnesses in the street, i just politely tell them i have other concerns and that's the end of that

give the witnesses a break, given that they are the group that got a supreme court ruling that said we didn't have to fall to our knees every time the flag passed, or the pledge was intoned, or whatever...and by the way, our buildings are the only ones on the block with latinos and blacks, and that reflectes the owners, who are witnesses...

and obviously, not liberals...

fs