[lbo-talk] Kim Fellner on the Google News Homepage

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Jul 24 09:22:06 PDT 2005

Doug wrote:

> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> >An article by Kim Fellner ("The Labor Movement: It's More than We
> >Bargain for" at
> ><http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/fellner240705.html>), one of our MR
> >contributors, is already getting _a lot_ of readers (though it's
> >only early morning on Sunday now) -- it's featured on the homepage
> >of Google News (at <http://news.google.com/>) today. Cool!
>
> Cool indeed! And it's still there, a remarkable tenacity in the
> cyberworld.

I"m glad that I put in a request to include <mrzine.monthlyreview.org> into Google News as soon as I got the site up. Doug Ireland also sent in a request for it to Google News.

> To counter your self-promotion with mine, Kim Fellner writes:
>
> >Given the general ho-hum about all things labor, one might say that
> >any news is good news, and most of us progressive labor folks think
> >a shake-up is long overdue. But there's a nagging unease on all
> >sides about the terms and tenor of the debate. The sound bites never
> >get much beyond "blah, blah, blah, blah, organize, blah blah blah,
> >blah change." And the skirmishing is all about mathematics: How much
> >money for organizing? How many international unions should there be?
> >What percentage of dues should go to the Federation?
>
> Over the past month or so, I've done interviews with Jonathan Tasini,
> Bill Fletcher, and Barbara Ehrenreich that all go well beyond the
> "blah blah blah" level:
> <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html>.

Good stuff! Now podcasted! Thanks to Bill Fletcher's exertion, MR got a press pass to the AFL-CIO convention, and Jerry Tucker, a founder of the UAW New Directions Movement, will be reporting from the convention daily.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org> * Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud- ahmadinejads-face.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez- congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/ 2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>