[lbo-talk] A time of doubt for atheists

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:39:49 PDT 2005

O God (metaphorically speaking), not this wearisome subject again!

For the record: I believe every person is entitled to as rich a fantasy life as his/her imagination can support, but I deeply resent being forced to live on someone else's Fantasy Island. And that's what been happening in the USA in recent years: Public policies have increasingly been advocated on the basis that they conform to some religious doctrine, not because they serve the general good. I want religion to butt out of public life.

The major brandname religions arrayed on the world scene are engines of limitless misery, hellbent on destroying one another. ("Having eyes, see ye not?" -- Mark 8:18) In the name of sanity, I believe their role in public affairs should be minimized.

Carl