[lbo-talk] A time of doubt for atheists

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 24 14:36:28 PDT 2005

At 05:02 PM 7/24/2005, Tommy Kelly wrote:
>Snit wrote:
>"I _did_ think Tommy's refutation was funny. if god doesn't interact with
>its creation, does it exist? Tommy used a logical fallacy, to try to get
>Matt to see that he was a hypocrite."
>

>Reply:
>That's nonsense! I never intended to make Matt look like a hypocrite. I
>simply answered his question on the theory of the universe, and then asked
>him a question... which was not a logical fallacy. A logical fallacy has a
>deliberate flaw in its structure. The only reason you consider it a fallacy
>is because I design the questions to make you think outside your comfort
>zone.

Ok, so what would you say if Matt said, "Yes, god doesn't exist because he doesn't interact and intervene to help his creation. However, people exist, even if they don't intervene to prevent humanitarian crises?"

How would you describe a person who said that?

As for your claims about how uncomfortable I am, www.tellittoachusion.com

Kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin