[lbo-talk] "A Rich Man's War and a Poor Man's Fight"

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 17:07:12 PDT 2005

"... In her new book, Rich Man’s War, Poor Man’s Fight, history professor Jeanette Keith examines the opposition to American participation in World War I by focusing on, as the book’s subtitle says, “race, class, and power in the rural South.” Keith has dug deep into historical data – small-town newspapers, Selective Service records, court documents, and more – to give us a picture that many people will find difficult to believe, namely that “some of the most determined resistance to the World War I draft took place in the rural South.” She tells a fascinating story...."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/leef2.html

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour: http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html