[lbo-talk] Brazilian shot 8 times by London police

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:15:27 PDT 2005

[Guess the earlier report of five shots in the head was a rounding error. Good thing the Brit(on)s are so unexcitable or de Menezes would be just a ton of scrap metal now. Actually, the only place I have witnessed famed British cool-headedness has been in the expression of UK public outrage over this shooting -- of which I have seen very little. Of course that "desperately sorry" comment from Tony B. counts a lot.]

Brazilian shot 8 times by London police

Monday, July 25, 2005 Posted: 1805 GMT (0205 HKT)

(CNN) -- A Brazilian man mistakenly killed last week by London anti-terrorist police was shot eight times, Britain's Independent Police Complaints Commission said Monday.

The information came from the Southwark Coroners Court, where a formal inquiry into the death of Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, got under way. ...

<http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/25/london.tube.0955/>

Carl

"You don't look too bad, here's another." -- NYC subway vigilante Bernie Goetz to mugger Darrell Cabey before shooting him a second time, causing permanent brain damage and paralysis, December 22, 1984