[lbo-talk] Re:secularism is god's word?

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:56:48 PDT 2005

The thing is that people like Sharon are willing to ally with people who believe that their "nation (?) exists because a covenant was made with, and a home land was established for, [their] group, by god..." I guess Sharon is one of those who wants to keep "a country with no people [as Palestine was assumed to be] for a people without a country [as the Jews were in the 1940s, mostly]." He's more of an ethnic chauvinist than a religious one.

me:

On 7/25/05, frank scott <frank at marin.cc.ca.us> wrote:
> tricky stuff, to be secular, but believe your nation (?) exists because
> a covenant was made with, and a home land was established for, your
> group, by god...

-- Jim Devine "Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" -- Richard Feynman