[lbo-talk] Hiroshima bomb may have carried hidden agenda (kickstart a cold war)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 18:31:35 PDT 2005

always good to have new research, but didn't gar alperowitz establish this decades ago?

i wouldn't worry too much about freeman. he's a really smart guy and if you want to kniow about the history of nuclear policy, he can't be beat, but his vision is narrow, and in particular he seems to know no political or diplomatic history other than nuclear theology -- a failing in a historian. he makes some really elementary mistakes aboiut soviet history -- not this one, other ones. his book on the history of nuclear strategy is essential for people interested in the topic, though.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7706&print=true

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg18725083.800

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg17022960.700

http://domino.american.edu/AU/media/Expt2004.nsf/80ae7d46ef4066b9852569e7005a9bb0/6d2fd4951fdf116085256ccc005e7e04?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,Kuznick