[lbo-talk] ObL threatened national coke supply!

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 08:58:02 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:43 AM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> New York Post - July 26, 2005
>
> COKE FIEND BIN LADEN
> By DAN MANGAN

> "It is important we recognize that when money goes from the pocket of
> an American to buy drugs, it may contribute to the financing of
> unspeakable crimes of violence around the world," Hutchinson told
> Congress that year when he detailed the narcotics trade connection to
> al Qaeda and other terror groups.
>
> In April of this year, Afghan tribal leader Hajji Bashir Noorzai, who
> was one of the most wanted drug dealers in the world and previously
> had been identified as bin Laden's major heroin supplier, was busted
> in New York City on federal criminal charges.

That would be Soooo much better than the old plan: Spike the reservoirs with LSD.

They're frantically attempting to link UBL and AQ to the drug trade, but the problem is quite simply, EVERYONE in the region is involved in the drug trade, and these claims are open to... factual deconstruction (is that correct usage?)

The Brazilian who was executed the other day was probably at that "watched terrorist house" scoring his weekly hashish buzz. The British government is claiming that the London bombings were financed with the sale of hashish(sans any evidence that can be independently verified).

If you consider where hashish comes from(Pakistan is a good source), the age of the bombers and ethnicity, it IS plausible but *irrelevant*. The kind of devices used could have been built by a teenager from hardware store supplies and financed by their earnings from McD's(or their allowance).

Leigh www.leighm.net