[lbo-talk] Re: more on The Split

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 26 11:25:47 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Chuck0 writes:

> I'm trying to come up with a witty combination of "teach a
man to fish" and a sports metaphor about basic skills winning ball games, but it ain't coming together for me right now.

We need to learn to play small ball like the Marlins in 2003, the Cardinals in 1997 and Washington and the White Sox this year.

The problem is that most people don't like small ball. They like the excitement of a seeing a big bat being swung and the long ball being hit. Scraping together runs through collective play, defense and sacrifices doesn't do much for personal statistics and self-aggrandizement. But it can win championships.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister