[lbo-talk] Teamsters quit AFL-CIO

amadeus amadeus amadeus482000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 17:04:33 PDT 2005

--- Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> It's a little more than amusing to read a phrase
> like "thousands have
> already been proletarianized" from someone who in
> the next breath dismisses
> "bourgeois labor stats."

No one was "dismissing" bourgeois labor stats. Just pointing out the fact that the stats cited were objectively bourgeois, i.e. capitalist, rendering subjective conclusions about an elusive "middle class" being a significant demographic proportion.

And it's a little more
> than useful to try and
> come up with solid numbers using those stats.

Here's another bourgeois source, with plenty of numbers, in case you had any doubts in your mind. I'll let you draw your own conclusions this time, though: http://www.mindfully.org/Industry/WorldCom-ExEmployees-Suffer30sep02.htm Note that this article well predates the recent passage of new bankruptcy laws in the United States which further favor the capitalist class.

Best, --adx

"Mary Poppins is alive and well in Argentina, she sends her regards." - Rod McKuen, The Mud Kids

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs