[lbo-talk] Shot dead in London

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jul 26 20:10:05 PDT 2005

> Wojtek, the police will never be able to stop terrorism completely. Since
> they can't, wouldn't it be helpful to find out what makes people blow up
> subway trains, so the frequency of the incidents might be reduced?
>
> Doug

Well, I think it's obvious what motivates most of this, at least in London -- Iraq. Beyond that, there deep anti-Western sentiment among young Arab Muslims that, in the many cases I've seen and read about, goes against what most (if not all) people on this list subscribe to -- secular culture. The right to be obscene. Drugs. Booze. Porn. The lot. This has to be faced -- many of these bombers want us dead as well. They are not progressive. Understanding their motivation is the easy part. How to deal with and curtail the wider madness unleashed and stoked by the US, of which these bombings are a part, is much tougher.

Dennis