[lbo-talk] Shot dead in London

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:59:39 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:04 PM [PDT], Carl Remick <carlremick at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>
>> <http://www.isn.ethz.ch/news/sw/details.cfm?id=12283>
>>
>>> The "shoot to kill" policy appears to have been discreetly
>>> introduced into anti-terrorist procedures in 2003, after
>>> then-Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord Stevens sent teams to
>>> both Israel and Sri Lanka to study how they dealt with suicide
>>> bombers.
>
> Counterterrorist tips from Israel? That's like getting advice on
> epidemiology from Typhoid Mary.
>
> Carl

Furthermore... The whole idea that shooting someone in the head will keep them from triggering a bomb is absolutely without foundation in physical or biological reality, and it's highly unlikely that any counterterrorism organization could produce evidence that it makes a difference at all in the success rate of their operations.

Of course, it's a secret... so we'll never know.

But I do know state sponsored terrorism when I see it, and unfortunately, Britain appears to be practicing it on it's own population.

Leigh www.leighm.net