[lbo-talk] Shooting people dead in London

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 06:56:10 PDT 2005

>Furthermore... The whole idea that shooting someone in the head will

keep them from triggering a bomb is absolutely without foundation in physical or biological reality, and it's highly unlikely that any counterterrorism organization could produce evidence that it makes a difference at all in the success rate of their operations.<<

> In the Dubrovka theater seige, the Russian spetsnaz
> used gas that knocked people out instantaneously. It
> seems to have worked about as fast as a bullet.

is that the case where they killed most of the hostages? -- Jim Devine "Frankly, I'd like to see the government get out of war altogether and leave the whole field to private industry." -- Joseph Heller.