[lbo-talk] Shot dead in London

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:05:37 PDT 2005

two points that have been raised:-

1. Although the police feared he might be a suicide bomber, they let him get on a bus! For some reason, they decided he must not be allowed to get on the subway platform, even though it was fine for him to take a ten-minute bus ride.

2. Apparently he was shot eight times at close range, seven times in the head and once in the shoulder (although this is inconsistent with the original reports of five shots and inconsistent with the report of Alex Pereira, another cousin - ? - who saw the body when he identified it). If a coroner saw a corpse shot seven times in the head at close range, she would assume that the shooter was extremely angry and emotionally involved, and that this was a crime of passion. The overkill is inconsistent with a professional shooter, and was potentially dangerous as an errant shot could have set off the bombs the victim supposedly carried.