[lbo-talk] Re: court upholds CDA

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 28 08:40:22 PDT 2005

Dear List:

jks writes about the CDA:

> This is a scary bad law.

The question is what to do?

Nathan would discourage going to court to have it deemed unconstitutional, but it is way too popular to be repealed -- hell, it keeps getting re-enacted every time it is knocked down.

I am all for respecting the will of the legistlature, but what happens when the will is so narrow-minded that lives are put at risk (think of all the safe sex information that will be rendered unavailable, not to mention the queer info that serves as a life line for young queers). (I am

Sidenote: in one thread it was noted that it is difficult to convince people that they are not members of some middle class, but actually down-trodden proles. In fact, to pursue such a strategy might be counterproductive.

In another thread, however, it is said that the illusions/delusions of religion must be stripped away if there is to be progress. I could not help but notice that belief in the need to expose raw truth shifts according to which veils are being peeled away.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister