[lbo-talk] gratuitous anti-Bush jokes

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:10:07 PDT 2005

On Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:29 PM [PDT], Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> <http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2005/7/21alexander.html>
>
> ALTHOUGH
> I LIKE A GOOD
> GEORGE W. BUSH JOKE
> AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY, SOME OF THEM SEEM GRATUITOUS AND
> MEAN-SPIRITED.
> BY MATT ALEXANDER
>!"
> - - - -
> Q: What do you get when you cross a giraffe and a monkey?
> A: I'm sorry, I can't think about that right now because I'm too busy
> wondering why Congress hasn't launched an official investigation into
> Bush lying to the American public about WMDs and leading us into a
> war under false pretenses. Tell you what-as soon as I solve that
> little riddle, I'll get to work on your little genetic experiment.
> - - - -
Not gratuitous... or mean spirited, focused. Just *smile* when you say that.

> Knock-knock.
> Who's there?
> Under the Patriot Act, we don't have to tell you that.

Hah... hah... hah... UAW/MF...

...We never did anyway, but we thought we'd make it official.

Leigh www.leighm.net

"They understood that you didn't have to attack

the fortress anymore. You could just surround it,

make faces at the people inside and let them have

nervous breakdowns and destroy themselves."

-- Norman Mailer