[lbo-talk] Republicans see opportunity in split

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Thu Jul 28 14:36:54 PDT 2005

Michael Hoover wrote:

>fwiw: some mainstream poli sci people claim there is little
>difference in political attitudes of voters and non-voters, thus,
>they assert that markedly higher turnout would produce few
>differences in already existing outcomes...

Yup. I presented some evidence of that a while back and was roundly Doug <<<<<>>>>>

i don't agree with above, should point out that evidence to contrary exists...

another fwiw: re. turnout, for view suggesting that "vanishing voter" in u.s. is myth, see mainstream polic sci guys mcdonald and popkin who employ *voting eligible population* denominator that excludes ineligible such as non-citizens and felons (both of which have increased in number) rather than census bureau's *voting age population*, authors maintain that there has been little decline in turnout during last three decades... michael hoover -------------------------------------------------------------- Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.