[lbo-talk] San Diego Rejects Queers

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 00:47:23 PDT 2005

--- Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote: Long ago, Gore Vidal dubbed San Diego, "The Vatican of John Birch Society", and little has changed since then. However, this little fiasco is the direct result of the gigantic scandals that have engulfed San Diego municipal politics in the past year; next year, with a reconstituted City Council and new mayor, "Gay Pride Week" should again have official approval. The funny thing is, for such a reactionary city, San Diego has embraced the annual Gay Pride Parade.

---

Huh, I grew up in San Diego, and I always thought of it as hyper-liberal. But then I was living in Hillcrest, on Adams Avenue and so forth and not in the condo retirement agencies. Is Hillcrest still the gay zone?

I was the sole heterosexual employee at the cafe I worked at in SD in 1991 briefly. ;)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!