[lbo-talk] Re blind item

ThatRogersWoman debburz at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 11:06:09 PDT 2005

> From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>

> A gay gossip source says it's Rove.

My money is on Scott McClellan, who has been spotted in Austin/Houston clubs and has a reputation in the gay community. His mother is running for governor as a Republican against current Repub. guv' and Bush yes-man Rick "Government Hair" Perry, so an active rumor on Scott could be why this is hitting the rumor mill again. Ari Fleischer was unofficially outed long ago.

Speculation about Rove in the Texas gay community goes back to the ol'governor Bush days. He remains very high on the "closet case" list.

In other news, the TX governor's race stands a good chance of being the best reality television entertainment come fall. Former congressman Chris Bell, the one that was redistricted out of district and then initiated charges against Tom DeLay announced his candidacy yesterday, going against fellow Democrat John Sharp. Perry and Strayhorn's fight for the Repub nomination will get ugly before much longer. And then we have Kinky. Friedman, that is. And he's attracting a helluva lot more voter attention than expected. We might have ourselves a Jesse Ventura-style candidate yet.

- Deborah