[lbo-talk] Republicans see opportunity in split

Michael Hoover hooverm at scc-fl.edu
Fri Jul 29 16:11:11 PDT 2005

From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> Michael Hoover wrote:
>fwiw: some mainstream poli sci people claim there is little
>difference in political attitudes of voters and non-voters, thus,
>they assert that markedly higher turnout would produce few
>differences in already existing outcomes...

-Yup. I presented some evidence of that a while back and was -roundly denounced by Nathan & Co. <<<<<>>>>>

mainstream poli sci data re. above is based on two types of questions - one is opinion about political issues, some research on this indicates that there isn't much difference between voters and non-voters, second asks non-voters who they would have voted for in recent election had they done so, not too difficult to recognize problems associated with both approaches... michael hoover

-------------------------------------------------------------- Please Note: Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure.