[lbo-talk] Market question

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 22:00:35 PDT 2005

For a paper I am thinking about how ERISA is bringing the country and especially the working and middle classes to the brink of and over the brink of disaster, a question for Doug and all market mavenss:

Looking at the price/earnings and price/equity ratios of stocks from 1970 until now, I need to know whether they they've gone up substantially (and more importantly, increasingly, i.e., at an increasing rate, over those years), it contributes to plausibility. I'd especially be interested in finding this out about stocks in different sectors, especially the 'blue chips,' S&P, mid-caps, etc. (Not so much by type of company though, since these have changed in terms of their growth rates over the years.) Sources for this would be helpful,

Thanks in advance.