[lbo-talk] Bitch on The Split

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Jul 30 12:02:42 PDT 2005

Leigh wrote:

> SEIU sat on it's hands as 8-10+ workers were fired for attempting
> to organize in SEIU's name.

Not every union local has its act together. SEIU really has organized hundreds of thousands of workers, though, so they must be doing something right.

> The SEIU is trying to build political clout and it WILL BE at the expense
> of the workers. Same system... same scum rising to the top.

Sorry, but I've met some of the top leadership of SEIU and seen them in action. They're sharp, competent, pragmatic and are the furthest thing from lackeys of capital imaginable.

> The major unions as they exist in the USA today *are*
> ABSOLUTELY part of the employing class

Trust not the Palantir, comrade, because the Eye causes people to see only what It wants them to see. The US union movement is in crisis, but it's also beginning to change in hopeful ways.

-- DRR