[lbo-talk] A time of doubt for atheists

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 30 12:40:09 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:
> http://www.secweb.org/asset.asp?AssetID=387
> The Twilight of Atheism: The Rise and Fall of Disbelief in the Modern
> World by Alestair McGrath, a former atheist.

I'm sorry, but this "former atheist" thing.... I mean, how does one go from the rational to the irrational and then contend that they are still thinking rationally about the subject? How does one go from believing in the scientific, natural explanation of a universe,

one where there is an acceptance of the fact that we don't know all, an acceptance that what we think we do know as fact can also be subject to change.....to an acceptance of the supernatural as an explanation of the universe!??!

Quite frankly, in my opinion anybody who says they were a former atheist was, in truth, at best an agnostic. You simply don't go from reading a book, say...Rousseau's "Encyclopedia of Mythology" one day to suddenly picking one out of the pack and deciding this or that one is in fact the truth. It's simply not done. --

Gary Williams

Prohibition Funds Terrorism ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://mycos.blogspot.com