[lbo-talk] "I pledge allegiance to the UN...

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 12:45:48 PDT 2005

> Back to School shopping link for christians... I love the Bobbly-Head Jesus.

I actually own a bobble-head Jesus, which is in my office at Loyola Marymount.

Though my favorite irreverence in my office is my LMU Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts postcard with St. Robert Bellarmine himself on it. I've added a cartoon-style speaking balloon in which he says "down with Galileo!" since St. Rob was G's persecutor.

Luckily, Jesuits have a sense of humor...

-- Jim Devine "Imagine believing in the control of inflation by curbing the money supply! That is like deciding to stop your dog fouling the sidewalk by plugging up its rear end. It is highly unlikely to succeed, but if it does it kills the hound." -- Michael D. Stephens.