[lbo-talk] Basayev

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 13:12:25 PDT 2005

Ditto Chris!!!

I am beside myself concerning this interview! The ABC interview desecrated the graves of Beslan. Basayev admitted that he is a terrorist and responisble for the murder of Beslan's children. Somebody please help me understand why the US can possibly believe there are "good terrorists" and "bad terrorists" in the world? My Russian wife, very apolitical, went into a rage about this interview, telling me that the US hates Russia and will do anything to hurt her country. What could I say in return after the interview?..... nothing she was willing to listen to. Wait for a meaninful Russia reaction... all counter-productive and playing into the hands of terrorists. The anti-Russia lobby in the US is playing with fire big time.....