[lbo-talk] WBAI scores with holocaust denalist's premium

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:16:30 PDT 2005

From: "Steffie Brooks" <SteffieNYC at aol.com> Date: Sat?Jul?30,?2005? 8:50 pm Subject: Questions about the 9/11 premium (Eric Hufschmid)

According to internet listener Kyo on the goodlight board (listenerforums.net) the 3 DVD set that was so successful in our marathon is available for FREE on the internet for download .

Read Kyo's post at http://www.listenerforums.net/cgi-bin/issues_config.pl?noframes ;read=38981

According to listener Stephen Baraban on the goodlight board, Eric Hufschmid is a Holocaust denier. Your can see this for yourself at Hufschmid's website:

http://www.erichufschmid.net/Conspiracies12.htm

Questions:

1. Did WBAI pay for the DVDs that we are hawking? Or did we download them for free. If we are selling free internet material, how does this comport with our position in the grassroots media reform movement in this country? If we didn't know it was free and paid for the premium, who was watching the store?

2. Did anyone look into Hufschmid's politics? If not, why not? Do we not care what and who we are promoting? If someone looked into his politics, Is Holocaust denial OK here at WBAI?

3. Isn't the Program Director responsible for this? I say that Bernard is failing, has failed in raising money and pulling producers together into a cohesive team. Kathy Davis does the lion's share of his job. While as Bernard says his door may always be open, his office is often empty. And he doesn't return emails and his phone messages are not cleared enough that you can actually reach him on his voice mail. And he has an assistant, so these access problems should not exist and continue through the YEARS.

The WBAI LSB Management Evaluation Committee (which will be meeting again in August) has to date blocked any evaluation of the PD except for a self-evaluation by Bernard. Does Bernard White take any responsibility for any of our financial or programming problems? No.

You can listen to Bernard's report to the Wed. July 27 LSB meeting at kpftx.org where it is posted. His report and Q&A are at the end of Hour 1 and the beginning of Hour 2

Bernard congratulates the programmers and the fund drive organizers for the fabulously successful Hufschmid premium. He says that in every drive there are one or two premiums that make or break the drive and Hufschmid was our magic bullet this time. He supports "premium-driven" thons. He denies there is any problem here at WBAI aside from naysayers and people organizing against the station. He says nobody is going to make him leave his job until he is good and ready.

Is this someone who puts the Pacifica mission and the good of the station first?

It is all there in the audio.

When is enough enough folks?

Someone who can reach Bernard through his always open door might ask him about the Hufschmid premium. I myself will venture into the station, dodging the hate stares and snide remarks from JUC patriots, to ask Bernard myself.

I've really had it with the entrenched staff at WBAI -- those who want to deflect healthy criticism and demonize their critics. You know who they are.

No justice, no peace.

Steffie Brooks

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/