[lbo-talk] WBAI scores with holocaust denalist's premium

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 31 20:49:02 PDT 2005

Miles Jackson wrote:

> Whaaa? I can't think of a better real-life illustration of the Marxist
> principle "From each according to his abilitities, to each according to
> his needs" than open-source software! I don't see the meaningful
> distinction between "anarchist" and "Marxist" here.

More people over the course of the past decade have compared open source software to anarchism than they have to Marxism. There was more writing about this about 4-5 years ago. I should try digging out some of the articles. Richard Stallman, the creator and spokesperson of the GNU free software movement, is probably an anarchist. You've got distros of Linux, such as Debian, which have long had anarchist files included in bundles. Finally, there is just a shitload of anarchist techies out there who run everything from Indymedia servers to radical ISPs to extensive websites.

I'd love to write a book about this, but I've got my hands full right now with three other books.

Chuck0