[lbo-talk] nice shaft

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 1 09:03:21 PDT 2005

hmmmm. the very fact that we can talk about interracial marriage is proof of the racists' defeat.... rolling that one around...

when i'm at a newsgroup and it becomes painfully obvious that typing the word "crap" is considered about as vile as saying, "fuck me hard with your throbbing cock" with some of the folks there, i'm not so sure there's clear evidence of a 'win'. even on _this_ list, there are people who are offended by people who type or say fuck. even on this list there are people who freak out about MTV. about weed. and there are a nice chunk of people on this list who don't think we should bother with gay rights, etc. because they think it's secondary to other issues.

win? contradictions, with progression and regression, and a general trend toward progress, sure. but win?

proof is the day two men can walk down Lemon St, stop and give each other a big wet one at 12 noon on a Wednesday, and not have some hetmale gagging with disgust. That will be a win.

kranky,

At 11:00 AM 6/1/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
>We watched Pat Buchanan talking about his new book on how the right has
>lost the culture war on O'Reilly the other night. Buchanan said the very
>fact that we're talking about gay marriage at all is proof of the
>traditionalists' defeat. He's right. They can still cause a lot of
>trouble, and it may take a long time, but the social reactionaries are on
>the wane.
>
>Doug

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin