[lbo-talk] Re: Vive La France!

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 17:40:04 PDT 2005

Jordan Hayes wrote:

>>For all the money Canadians spend on their healthcare, they could have
>>much better care in the US. But since it would come out of their wallet
>>(instead of having it taken directly by the government via their high
>>taxes) they might think they were getting a bad deal. But they'd
>>probably be wrong.

They would have better care than who in the U.S.? Better than those who have no health insurance and use prayer to heal? Or those who have health insurance that gives them some choice about their care? Or those who are shuffled through the many HMO's whose raison d'etre is profits rather than the health of their patients? Or those who are rich enough to own their doctors?

As for high taxes: about 40% of my paycheck is poof gone by the time I cash the check. Some goes for SS which, I am told, I should not expect to see much of when I retire and most goes for military spending about which I have no say. Forget health care, education, etc.

Jordan, you're seriously pissing me off.

Joanna