[lbo-talk] Can anyone debunk (or point me to a good debunking of) the idea of liberal hegemony on campus?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 17:43:30 PDT 2005

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>Now I'm sure there's all kinds of things wrong with this (that is, the assertion
>that liberals rule American higher education with a Stalin like grip) but I'm
>light years removed from the whole grad and post grad groove that I haven't a
>clue where to start ripping into it.

The thing is, taking into account "the most dangerous books" list published yesterday that what is scholarship or common sense to you (Darwin, Mead, Carson, Kinsey, Mill, etc.) is left-wing lunacy to some. So, if you take into account that enlightenment ideas are part and parcel of a college education, then indeed colleges are run by a radical leftist fringe.

I'm sure the Taliban would agree.

Joanna