[lbo-talk] Re: Vive La France!

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:44:30 PDT 2005

> I don't know what you're referring to, Jim, when you say that Canadian
> majority support for the Democrats was "undermined"? When? How?
>
> MG

It's like the way Dubya is undermining support for Social Security by mongering fear about its potential bankruptcy; the way Thatcher-Blair have undermined the British Health system via selective privatization; the way that the IMF and globalization encourage various countries welfare states to lose their coherence.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- K. Marx, paraphrasing Dante A.