[lbo-talk] A Bane Amid The Housing Boom: Rising Foreclosures

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:39:35 PDT 2005

Eugene Vilensky

> Can't you also live in it once paid off and avoid rent payments?

I watched the mountain commmunity of Zayante California change as property values increased through the 80s 90s.

Zayante *was* home to a large hippie/okie community.

In the 60s and 70s no one wanted to live there, and when the commute seemed finally worth it to a generation of software developers that would most likely have been living in tipis in the 60s(or Bikers), houses that had been purchased by the previous owners in the 30-50,000 dollar range were selling for 300-500,000.

You'd *really* have to like the neighborhood _not_ to sell.

The Okies all(?) moved happily to the central valley, and the hippies... I dunno. Moved back to tipis with lots of cash?

Leigh