[lbo-talk] Why think sociobiologically (at least sometimes)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 10:33:50 PDT 2005

AS I have repeatedly stated in many posts on human nature on sociobiology over the years, the point (2) that Jim says I or the SBs ignore below is fundamental to anything that counts as a coherent biological explanation, including a sociobiological explanation.

I have even written a paper on this which I cannot seem to get published anywhere (reviewers say it is either too obvious or self contradictory), but which I will post gratis in hard or soft copies to anyone who requests it.

Therefore I refuse to accused of missing this point. Anyone who says I miss this point doesn't understand my point. If you don't want to read the damn paper, google the archives on my name and "human nature," in which I have explained the basic idea in much more plain language than Jim has here, literally for years. Probably for at least a decade.

So: I am not a total reductionist wrt to sociobiology. No good SB is. There is bad SB. There is bad economics. That doesn't mean we damn either discipline, just its bad practice. OK? (I am becoming annoyed, sorry, Jim.) SB is a tool. It has its uses. It offers powerful partial explanations of various important aspects of human behavior.

jks