[lbo-talk] Appeal to Ignorance

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Thu Jun 2 13:08:55 PDT 2005

Chris Doss wrote:

>Doesn't the Roman Catholic Church have a pretty
>rigorous (whatever that means in this context)
>miracle-hoax-debunking process? They're not morons.

You mean they've fact-checked the Virgin Birth? The bodily assumption of the BVM into heaven? The resurrection of Jesus? If they have, I may have to return to the fold.

Doug

This is not meant to offend any Catholic believers in this list; but while moaning about the brutality of the Roman government, and how they saved [converted] them to sanctity, the church went out of its way to be brutal toward non-Catholic Christians like the early Gnostic Christians. I know it doesn't fit in with what [Father ?] Doug said, but I have always found that fact to be somewhat ironic.