[lbo-talk] Rocky Mtn. News series on Ward Churchill

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:06:03 PDT 2005

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3830149,00.html Shadows of doubt A News investigation of the charges before a CU panel reveals strong evidence of misconduct by the professor. Today »

At issue Did Ward Churchill falsely accuse the U.S. Army of using smallpox as a weapon of genocide against American Indians? Our findings His claim cannot be supported by the sources he has cited. Coming Monday

At issue Did Churchill commmit plagiarism by publishing the work of others as his own? Our findings An essay he "prepared" for a book was actually taken from a Canadian scholar. Coming Tuesday

At issue Did Churchill mischaracterize two important pieces of federal Indian law? Our findings His contentions about the Dawes Act of 1887 and the Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990 are incorrect. Coming Wednesday

At issue Did Churchill misrepresent himself as having American Indian ancestry? Our findings His assertions that he is descended from Cherokee and Creek ancestors aren't supported by extensive genealogical records. Coming Thursday -- Michael Pugliese