[lbo-talk] Digestimundo vavavoom

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:56:07 PDT 2005

I agree with Carrol: to presume that the populace isn't "rational" (in the sense that you are or I am) is to put oneself above them, like some sort of demigod. It's elitism. (BTW, "rationality" isn't always Hegelian.) JD

On 6/5/05, Carrol Cox wrote:> One cannot understand a population except on the premise that (with demographically insignificant exceptions) that popoulace makes its decisions on rational grounds. The appearance of irrationality is a measure of the observer's ignorance of the conditions under which the decisions are made.<