[lbo-talk] Digestimundo vavavoom

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sun Jun 5 16:39:27 PDT 2005

Stigler, George J. 1982. "Do Economists Matter?" in The Economist as Preacher (Oxford: Basil Blackwell): pp. 54-67.

60: "economists do not relish an explanation of their own scientific behavior in ordinary economic terms. To tell an economist that he chooses that type of work and viewpoint which will maximize his income is, he will hotly say, is [sic] a studied insult."

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu