[lbo-talk] Rocky Mtn. News series on Ward Churchill

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 5 16:45:57 PDT 2005

> At 06:42 PM 6/5/2005, Doug Henwood wrote:
> >Michael Pugliese wrote:
> >
> >> Chuck, get fisked
> >
> >Who coined this annyoing term? It's a right-wing meme, no?
>
> heh. I thought MP mispelled 'fscked' -- the hacker's preferred euphemism
> for the perfectly fine FUCKED!
>
> So, anyone know the origin?

My understanding is that some right-wing nuts, unhappy with Robert Fisks reports from the Middle-East, coined the term. They use it to mean a point-by-point rebutal because in their minds they were able to do that with Fisks reports and his anti-war stance. It's a stupid term. I've never heard it used except by pretty extreme right partisans.

John Thornton