[lbo-talk] CAFE standards and oil companies

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 20:32:15 PDT 2005

I seem to remember that when CAFE was first introduced, not only the auto industry but the oil companies opposed it. Every bit of history I can find seems to indicate that oil industry has never lobbied against

CAFE, only the auto companies (and occassionaly the airline industry). Now if it is my memory vs. history, I'm betting on history. But my memory of this is distinct, I'm wondering if I'm just missing a source. In any case if you know of any documenation of oil company lobbying against the CAFE standards, and you care to share the info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Gar

------------------------------------------------- Please note: Personal messages should be sent to [garlpublic] followed by the [at] sign with isp of [comcast], then [dot] and then an extension of net